The 12-step program is a set of guiding principles outlining a course of action for addictions, including drugs, alcohol, and compulsion. The treatment program works through personal changes during recovery, including cognitive, behavioral, spiritual, social, and emotional changes.
The 12-step program began in the 1930's with Alcoholics Anonymous (A.A.) and the program has since grown to be one of the most widely used approaches to recovery from drug and alcohol abuse. The steps in the program are meant to be worked through sequentially as a process for ridding one’s life of addictive behaviors with the ultimate goal resulting in growth, happiness, and freedom. Each program may contain slight variations of the steps.
At Silicon Beach Outpatient Center our program incorporates the below 12-step program into treatment plans for our clients. The recovery model used for drug abuse and addiction recovery provides clients with the knowledge and tools needed for success in long term recovery.
- Admit Powerlessness - Admitting that we were powerless over our addiction
- Find Hope - Coming to believe in a greater Power that can restore ourselves to sanity
- Surrender - Make a decision to turn our will and life over to a higher Power
- Take Inventory - Create a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves
- Share Your Inventory - Admit to a higher Power, ourselves, and another human being the exact nature of wrongs
- Become Ready - Becoming ready to have a higher Power remove all defects of character
- Ask a Higher Power - Humbly ask a higher Power to remove shortcomings
- Make a List of Amends - Make a list of all persons we have harmed, become willing to make amends to all of them
- Make Amends - Make direct amends to those people we have harmed, except when doing so would injure them or others
- Continue Your Inventory - Continue to take personal inventory and when we were wrong to promptly admit it
- Meditate - Sought through meditation to improve our conscious contact with a higher Power as we understood a higher Power
- Help Others - Having had an awakening as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs
Silicon Beach Outpatient Center is an (iop) intensive outpatient program and (op) outpatient program for substance abuse and co-occuring disorders in Los Angeles, CA. Our highly trained and dedicated staff provides clients with the best care possible. The unique and highly trained staff specialize in an integrated, multidisciplinary module of treatment. For more information about Silicon Beach Outpatient Center and the 12-step professional treatment program we offer, please call 310.846.8215 today.